With more than 15 years of combined experience as a lawyer, project manager, government strategy director, and consultant, Leah Garabedian thrives in roles that leverage her strengths and diverse body of experience. Relying on skills of strategic stakeholder engagement and a human centered approach to change management, she led cross-agency efforts of the third most populous US County to train over 1,000 diverse employees and coach more than dozen elected and executive county officials as they implemented a transformation of the front end of its justice system.
Leah was born and raised in Florida, though her work has taken her all over the US. Recently, she worked with Pinellas County Health & Human Services on their behavioral health, justice, and human services systems integration strategy. She is a high-energy people-person, driven by her commitment to help government improve the lives of the people and communities they serve through modernized, innovative approaches to services infrastructure and workforce development.
Professional and Industry Experience
- KPMG, 2019 - present
- Chief Criminal Justice Strategist – Harris County TX Budget Management Department, 2017-2019
- Senior Program Manager – Justice Management Institute, 2016-2017
- Senior Associate – Pew Charitable Trusts, 2012-2013
- Practicing Attorney, 2004-2012
- Civil Litigation Associate, 2010-2012
- Criminal Defense Associate, 2008-2010
- Assistant Public Defender – Missouri State Public Defender, 2004-2008